Senior Program Associate, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
The Senior Program Associate will a play multifaceted role for the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves. The Senior Program Associate will help devise and execute global advocacy efforts on behalf of the Alliance, working collaboratively with various staff members at the Alliance and UNF, as well as with external partners. The Senior Program Associate will also be responsible for supporting the Alliance CEO with scheduling, correspondence, writing and PowerPoint projects, relationship management, and other needs as they arise. In addition, the Senior Program Associate will support and contribute to Alliance strategy, record and facilitate meetings and engagement with the Advisory and Leadership Council, and some opportunistic communications and partnerships responsibilities, particularly those that relate to Alliance advocacy efforts.
The Senior Program Associate will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves.
Advocacy and Policy – 40%
• Develop, with CEO of the Alliance, and execute the Alliance’s global advocacy strategy, which includes planning workshops with policy-makers, managing and bolstering advocacy relationships with external partners, following ongoing agenda-setting and policy-making processes, inputting Alliance expertise and recommendations, writing policy memos, coordinating with other UNF teams and Alliance staff members, and preparing for events;
• Occasional domestic and international to travel to further the Alliance’s advocacy and policy objectives;
Support CEO of the Alliance – 40%
• Manage Alliance CEO’s calendar and arrange meetings and conference calls;
• Coordinate and arrange CEO’s travel;
• Prepare briefing materials, talking points, and PowerPoint slides for the CEO;
• Write briefing memos for the CEO of UNF, both for biweekly updates on Alliance work and for specific meetings and events that relate to Alliance work;
Support and Management of Advisory Council – 15%
• Support Alliance engagement with its Advisory Council and Leadership Council, including preparing briefing materials, sending around relevant updates, supporting communication between the Alliance CEO and members of the councils, and minute taking during official meetings;
• Schedule and plan Council meetings and conference calls (one in-person meeting and two virtual board meetings a year);
Other Activities – 5%
• Support Alliance external communications as needed, particularly managing social media for the CEO;
• Attend meetings and events on behalf of the Alliance;
• Contribute to the preparation of and coordination of various international events, including participant registration, engaging with partners, promoting the Alliance and post-event follow-up;
• Support Alliance strategic planning efforts, especially in development of the Alliance’s annual operating plans and throughout the year as the Alliance assesses its efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of professional experience required, with significant experience of working with international organizations domestically or abroad.
• Experience working in a policy-making setting and/or conducting advocacy on policy and development implementation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, especially for writing and contributing to briefing memos, correspondence, and policy documents.
• Experience coordinating and managing program budgets desired.
• Experience working and interacting with high-level government, NGO, and private sector partners.
• Dynamic, results oriented individual who takes ownership and great pride in a job well done.
• Ability to multi task, work in an extremely fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to stay calm and work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to productively collaborate with diverse stakeholders from across the globe.
• Ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities.
• Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Benefits & Compensation:
The United Nations Foundation offers an excellent range of benefits for full-time employees including: a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). dental insurance, vision discounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, health club discounts, commuter benefits, employee assistance program and Warby Parker discounts.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership.