WDG provides architecture, planning and interior design internationally through our offices in Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Our award-winning work can be found in major metropolitan areas around the United States as well as overseas. We have a staff of over 130 and have produced over 500 major buildings, including commercial office, multifamily residential, hospitality and mixed-use projects since our inception in 1938. WDG is the 8th largest architecture firm in DC as ranked by revenue.
Do you have a minimum 5 years proven project design experience?
Are you entrepreneurial in spirit and approach project design opportunities with an abundance of enthusiasm?
Are you adept in translating project programmatic requirements into the project design?
Are you in search of an opportunity where you can apply your superb graphic skills to produce visually appealing solutions-oriented materials?
Then join a talented and dedicated design team committed to excellence.
We are seeking a Project Designer with proven design skills. You will work collaboratively with the project leadership team and the client; fostering a professional working relationship.
- Work in concert with the Design Leadership to ensure that the established design intent of the project is incorporated within detailed design development and documentation
- Participate in guiding, informing and coordinating architectural and interior design efforts within the project
- Utilize a holistic perspective and sensitivity in consideration of project type, building economics, functionality, proportion, building systems, materials, color, and texture
- Participate in the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring that the design intent is consistent and properly executed
- Prepare graphics presentations, models for design studies, presentations and design documents.
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Basic understanding of architectural building systems
- Basic understanding of LEED guidelines, and sustainability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- More than 5 years of project design experience and a minimum of 4 completed projects
- Licensed Architect
- LEED Certified
A portfolio of work samples are required in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your portfolio or a website address with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org