Senior UNIX Systems Engineer Lead
The Senior UNIX Systems Engineer Lead supports Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) mission computers, systems, and applications on the SCI DevLAN at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). System Administrators will provide Enterprise support to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot VLANs that emulate the Production network and host mission systems for testing, development, and accreditation. Administrators must be familiar with Sun Solaris and Linux OS, VMWare's ESXi/VSphere server and workstations, Oracle applications, cluster-based databases, NetApp hardware, OS, and Brocade SAN switches, and cloud infrastruture.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains syst em documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Security+CE or higher
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in Windows systems administration and analysis.
- 10 years UNIX experience
- 5 - 7 years' Enterprise experience in Linux OS (RHEL5, CentOS) and UNIX OS (Free BSD, Solaris, etc.) in a large scale environment
- Local and remote data center management
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.