Senior C&A Specialist
The Senior C&A Specialist supports Farragut Tecnical Analysis Center (TAC) mission computers, systems, and applications on multiple classified LANs at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). The Senior C&A Specialist will be the Cybersecurity Officer (ISSO) for all TAC Mission Systems which entails ensuring that all TAC Mission Systems are in full compliance with all applical security accrediation or authorization requirements and best practices as prescribed by ODNI, DIA, DISA, Navy, and ONI autorities. the Senior CA& Specialist will prepare all necessary security documentation (eMASS/Xacta), perform security scans (ACAS/WASSP/SecScan), and report reults of risk assessments to Government and system administrators.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
* 10 years of C&A experience with DIACAP, DCID 6/3. ICD-503, and/or NIST Framework
* 3 years Project Management experience
* Experience with DoD, DISA, Navy NETWARCOM, DoDIIS, and IC tools, systems, and reporting mechanisms
* Thorough knowledge of IC, DoD, and DoN Cybersecurity intiatives
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.