Senior Linux System Administrator
The Senior Linux System Administrator supports Farragut Tecnical Analysis Center (TAC) mission computers, systems, and applications on multiple classified LANs at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). System Administrators will provide on-call support and be familair with RHEL, Irix, and Solaris server and Irix workstation OS, SAN, VMware, CISCO routers and switches, licensing applications, backup and restoration, system accrediation support, monitoring and automation tools, and troubleshooting commercial and Government applications.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- RHCA or RHCE
- RHCoE in Performance Tuning
- VCP or VCAP
- Security+CE or higher
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in Windows systems administration and analysis.
- 8 years' experience Linux administration (installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting servers and desktops)
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory (AD)
- Firewall, server, and desktop client configurations
- VMware setup, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting experience
- Enterprise Storage Systems, Fiber Channel Switching, NAS, NFS/CIFS, and Data Replication
- Advanced networking concepts and protocols (IP addressing/subnet masks, DHCP, DNS, NTP) and network diagnostic tools (protocol analysis with tcpdump/Wireshark)
- Knowlege of transport mechanism including FTP, SSH/SCP. HTTP, SSL
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining FLEXnet Manager to manage FLEXnet licenses
- Ability to install and configure Cluster Services to support databases
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.