Senior Windows System Administrator
The Senior Windows System Administrator supports Farragut Tecnical Analysis Center (TAC) mission computers, systems, and applications on multiple classified LANs at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). System Administrators will provide on-call support and be familair with Windows server and workstation OS, SQL, SAN, VMware, CISCO routers and switches, licensing applications, backup and restoration, system accrediation support, web servers, monitoring and automation tools, and troubleshooting commercial and Government applications.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products .
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* VCP or VCAP
* Security+CE or higher
* 8-10 years of directly related experience in Windows systems administration and analysis.
* Experience in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
* Experience in Microsoft Clustering Services (SQL and File Clustering * install and configure)
* Extensive Knowledge of Windows OS hardware & software (test, install, configure, and maintain)
* In-depth knowledge and support of Storage Area Network (SAN)
* Experience with VMware setup, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting
* In depth knowledge of CISCO routers and switches
* Install and configure web servers, automation tools, and monitoring tools
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer * Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.