TS/SCI Cleared COMSEC Specialist
TS/SCI Cleared COMSEC Specialist
Qualified candidate should have experience working with end products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies.
Expert knowledge in on or more of the following areas is required:
* Type 1 COMSEC certification process and key management
* Good knowledge of any or all of the following: Type 1 Cryptographic products (e.g. KG 175, 175A, 175D, KG 75, KG 75A)
* Information Assurance (IA)
* TEMPEST; encryption, key management, and communications standards (e.g. Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Common Tier 1 System, Key Management Infrastructure (KMI))
* Computer Security; data networks, protocols & related cryptographic equipment integrated circuits
* Secure Terminal Unit (STE) and KSV 21 Fortezza cards, vIPer secure phones
* Tier Three Fill Devices (e.g. AN CYZ 10, Simple Key Loader, DTD2000(KIK20), RASKL (KIK30)
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to all customers. Demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding to actions.
* Must have served as a COMSEC Custodian!
The appointed COMSEC Specialist/Custodian must successfully complete the following courses:
* Type 1 Encryption devices (e.g. TACLANE - General Dynamics, Raytheon Link encryption devices) CBT ND-111 COMSEC Accountability & Control
* NSA COMSEC Course (IAEC-2112) within 6 months of appointment
* Local COMSEC Management SW (LCMS)
* Security Refresher Information Assurance (IA) Training
* Ability to understand and interpret DIA's COMSEC Program
* Understanding of Crypto management tools (e.g. GEMX, VINE)
* Respond to Service Requests that identify a COMSEC issue reported by the customer. Must be able to work with other support personnel either in-house or at field site to resolve operational issues in a timely manner
* Team and provide support to the Network Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE, FASTLANE, and crypto problems. Understand how the network has been engineered to including circuits. Ability to operate the automated diagnostics system and to interpret diagnostics findings.
* Establish and maintain accurate accounting records and files. Maintain the KG 75 database to ensure that all outgoing transfers of KG75 and DTDs are properly transferred and logged into the access database. All memos requesting transfer of KG75 must be filed along the Standard Form (SF) 153.
* Order new keys before expiration date and ensure the new key arrives in time to the various COMSEC accounts. P erform database updates and queries; produce reports for key expiration, etc.
* Ensure that all residential requests are signed before issuance of STEs. Ensure the tracking database is accurate and paperwork is filed accordingly. Perform consolidated inventory every 6 months. Ensure that stock levels for operational and contingency key is adequate in the vault.
* Maintain a current inventory of all COMSEC material, and be aware of the location of such material and the purpose for which it is held. A semi-annual inventory (SAIR) will be completed every six months and when there is a custodial change. Conduct, supervise or request required inventories to be performed, including daily inventories.
* Provide vital COMSEC information to out-going Operations Commanders to educate them on the function of crypto and the importance of timely rekeying and return of COMSEC equipment
* Interface with Network Engineers and Maintenance teams to be aware of new and discontinued circuits. Destroy COMSEC material as directed.
* Pull message traffic related to COMSEC. Review messages for actions required. Hard copy messages are filed.
* Update and file element memos appointing TSCOs to ensure that the database is accurate and includes the date of memo and consolidated inventory. Issue consolidated inventory every six months. Provide TSCO training to new employees and refresher training for existing TSCOs.
* Oversee the transportation of equipment personnel CONUS and OCONUS. Ensure appropriate funding it available.
* Support, review and perform site assessments abroad to address vulnerabilities and operational risks. Prepare after action/trip reports upon return (within 5 business days).
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
* 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
* Other functions may be required as this IS NOT an inclusive list.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.