Operations Research and Systems Analyst (ORSA)
4 days left
- Full Time
The Operations and Research Systems Analyst directly supports Assessment Cell serving as Operational Research Analysts. They are uniquely skilled personnel who apply advanced analytical methods to help military leaders make better decisions; they are problem solvers. ORSA personnel properly define the problem, gather facts and make necessary assumptions, generate potential solutions, develop a methodology for solving the problem, analyze the problem using a variety of analytical techniques, clearly communicating the complex problem to the decision makers, and recommend a solution. ORSA personnel will conduct analysis and recommend solutions to NSOCC-A/SOJTF-A staff and Commander at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels. ORSA personnel utilize a wide range of tools to include probability and statistical analysis, optimization, and simulation. ORSA personnel will analyze significant event data in order to identify spatial and temporal trends. They will also dev elop strategies to effectively allocate or employ limited resources through cost effective means.
* Graduate of the Operations Research and Systems Analysis Military Applications Course (ORSA-MAC) or civilian equivalent.
* Graduate of the Functional Area 49 course or civilian equivalent.
* Minimum three years prior military experience, Joint Special Operations experience is preferred, but not required.
* Citizen of the United States
* Familiar with the Total Army Analysis
* Computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and Internet Explorer.
* Ability to respond rapidly and sufficiently to changing requirements, unexpected contingencies and other challenging situations.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Adept at communicating their results in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders.
* Fluent in the English language.
* Willing to work a 12-hour shift per day.
* Working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust and hazardous harsh conditions.
* Able to don all required personal protective gear and physically execute assigned duties.
* This position is unarmed.
* 5-8 years related experience.
* Secret Clearance required
Location: Bagram, Afghanistan