ANTICIPATED 2017-2018 - SUPERVISOR, SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTIONAL FACILITATORS
7 days left
- Full Time
- Postgraduate Professional License with endorsements in one or more areas of Special Education; administrative endorsement and/or special education leadership certificate required
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in progressively responsible positions and administrative experience or program supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community
- Experience includes successful demonstration of interpersonal and professional skills to develop relationships with school staff, central office colleagues and parents.
- Demonstrated successful experience providing professional training and presentations for individuals, small groups and large audiences.
The Supervisor, Specialized Instructional Facilitators, is responsible for the oversight and direction of activities related to the provision of specialized instructional services. The supervisor works with specialized instructional facilitators in the development and implementation of the division strategic actions related to student achievement and instruction, and supports the training, implementation and evaluation of specialized instructional services for students with disabilities.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and supervision for the specialized Instructional facilitator model including development and management of a long-term division plan to facilitate and build teacher capacity in several schools to provide specialized reading instruction using a structured literacy approach.
- Facilitate collaboration with Instructional Facilitators in the Department of Instruction.
- Provide training and support for facilitators to assist teachers in collecting and analyzing data; conduct fidelity checks to provide feedback for providers and to assist in data collection, and facilitate the process to identify an instructional match between identified needs and specific instructional strategies.
- Supervise facilitators who will work directly with teachers in a school providing classroom-based demonstrations, collaborative and one-on-one support, and facilitating teacher inquiry and related professional development as well as providing small and large group presentations and training.
- Collaborate with school-based and central office to provide professional development, engage in ongoing work in furthering the tiered approach or specialized reading instruction and assist in developing action plans to support students across settings who required specialized instruction.
- Provide consultation to facilitators to enhancing teacher’s ability to provide instruction that builds students’ sense of engagement in the ownership of learning and supports their success in division initiatives; provides direction and support implementation of a multi-tiered system of support in diverse classrooms.
- Develop facilitator skills to work with administrators and teachers to collect and analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions.
The Supervisor, Specialized Instructional Facilitators reports to the Director, Special Education.OTHER INFORMATION:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to (Based on 2016-2017 salary scale)
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -