HEAD START & STEP PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
- Holds or is eligible for the Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement of Administration & Supervision PreK-12; Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Experience in working with federal and state legislation with specific regulations and requirements for operating federal and state programs
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
TheHead Start and STEP Program Supervisor provides leadership in the organization,
supervision, implementation and evaluation of the Head Start and STEP (Starting Towards Excellence in Preschool programs. This position provides supports to all staff members in fulfilling federal and state requirements and overseeing the coordination of the systemsin place to manage the programs at a level of full compliance.
- Hires, supervises, and provides professional development for all program staff; evaluates Head Start program staff and their work; evaluates STEP staff located at high schools.
- Plans, coordinates and implements both programs by providing leadership and direction
- Applies for Head Start and Virginia Preschool Initiative Grants annually.
- Creates budgets and monitors expenses and grant disbursements for both Head Start and STEP
- Directs program operations in a manner consistent with the requirements of contractual agreements, laws, regulations and memoranda pertaining to the Head Start and Virginia Preschool Initiative programs
- Develops, with staff, the necessary systems and procedures to assure proper implementation of both programs and compliance with regulations
- Coordinates federal and state monitoring reviews.
- Collects and analyzes data to facilitate the completion of annual reports including, but not limited to, the annual refunding applications, the annual Head Start Program Information Report (PIR), the Community Assessment, and the Self-Assessment
- Fosters shared decision making with the Head Start Policy Council and the LCPS School Board by working with each group to ensure program organization, training and effective operation in accordance with “Program Governance” requirements; provides periodic written documents and program reports to the LCPS School Board, LCPS administration, the Head Start Policy Council, the Head Start Regional Office and other agencies
- Reviews regular system audits to ensure timely meeting of family needs using the ChildPlus Management System; provides oversight in the design of student goals and the analysis and use of child outcomes data.
The Head Start and STEP Program Supervisor is directly responsible to the Director of Elementary Education.OTHER INFORMATION:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to (Based on 2016-2017 salary scale)
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -