Responsible for analyzing business requirements and computer systems, designing and developing computer programs and providing computer-automated solutions for the entire agency. Consult with clients and supervisor to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features and input and output requirements. Write and maintain functional and technical specifications for in-house applications. Analyze and estimate feasibility, time, compatibility with other systems and computer capabilities. Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing and installing applications. Design and code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printer outputs and interfaces with other systems. Compile, test and verify application programs. Consult with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to attain client approval. Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections. Prepare reference for users for in-house developed applications. Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with any HOC application programs. Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in systems analysis, database analysis and programming of information systems.
- Knowledge of a database environment and database tools including: Access, SQLServer, and Excel.
- Knowledge of relevant programming languages and applications including: ASP/VB6/.NET, VBScript, SQL.
- Good oral, written, interpersonal communication, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in fast paced office environment.
- Knowledge of design, development and deployment of applications on physical and virtual servers running under operating systems, including, but not limited to Windows Server 2012.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, database structures and database management systems including but not limited to SQL and Java database application design.
- Knowledge of current Windows environments.
- Knowledge of Mac and iOS a plus.