Clinical Position/Admin (MA/LPN)
Internal Medicine: Established professional busy three provider practice is in search of a Medical Assistant/Receptionist or LPN. We are looking for someone who excels in professional service, provides excellent patient care, and is able to work fluidly with both the clinical and management teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare patients for the appointment by bringing them to an exam room, recording the patient’s medical history, taking vitals, collecting specimens, etc.
- Ensure all paperwork before, during, and after the patient’s visit is correctly handled and filed to enable proper billing.
- Maintain patient records in the electronic medical records system, monitor patient flow, and assist the medical providers to assure that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and entered into the electronic medical records system.
- Administer medications and treatment as ordered by physician
- Perform phlebotomy services
- Assist with medical and minor surgical procedures
- Prepare patients for continuing care after treatment.
- Monitor medical supplies and order replacements as requested.
- Provide patient education for scheduled procedures, self-administration of medication, procedure preparation
- Track and document patient status following sick visits
- Obtain authorization for prescriptions as required by insurance carriers
- Manage electronic and faxed prescription refill requests
- Provide backup phone support and handling patient calls
- Previous experienced preferred.
- At least one years of experience in out-patient medical setting
- Ability to work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and outstanding health care
- Commitment to providing outstanding patient care
- Computer literacy, including Previous EMR/EHR experience.
This position reports to the Practice Manager for day-to-day supervision and works closely with other members of the clinical team. Our practice has one office in Arlington, Va, Near West Falls Church Metro Station
Send resume to: Cheryl Jackson, CJACKSON@CARRNISE.COM or Call 703.403.7392 cell
Apply for Medical Assistant/LPN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly