The position serves as the central point of contact between the CEP Office and its membership/customers, most of whom operate under state-legislated CE mandates to renew their professional licenses. The position has responsibility for the administration of two significant database systems, as well as providing customer service support, financial reporting, program evaluation services, and continuing education support and certification services for conference session enrollees, workshop registrants and the implementation process of new CE online programs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• 4-6 years prior experience with database and Learning Management Systems (LMS), financial payments, reporting or accounting, and telephone-based customer service are preferred, as are excellent communication and organizational skills in relation to prioritizing and managing a diverse and demanding workload
• Advance MS Word
• Intermediate Excel and Power Point
1. Manages the APA Video Online Learning and Communications platform which houses recording of live workshops offered at the APA building and during the APA Annual Convention. Coordinates development of the programs and examinations. Manages setup of the program online and works with outside vendors to implement the final product. Reviews the final editing process for sale and distribution. .
Has primary responsibility for revenues collected for video on-demand sales; reviews monthly revenue reports and assures accuracy.
Works collaboratively with other appropriate individuals and offices within APA during various stages of development, APA Web Services (submitting project request to place new programs online, provide updates/changes to programs on CEP website).
2. Responsible for managing CE Workshop enrollments offered during the APA Annual Convention and other workshop enrollments offered throughout the year. Processes enrollments and payments received by phone and fax, and maintains database, reporting, and program evaluation responsibility for all CE Workshops. Maintains responsibility for the Experient CE Manager database for processing CE credits offered for approximately 300 convention sessions.
Has primary responsibility for maintaining CE workshop contracts and W-9 tax forms and the processing of payments to 75+ CE workshop presenters.
Responsible for selecting and managing over 80 student volunteers who monitor CE workshops during the APA Annual convention.
3. Processes all Independent Study (IS) examinations and oversees all CE certification processes, using the Continuing Education Module in the Q database. Develops sales reports and program evaluations of all IS programs. Addresses complaints/inquiries regarding exam purchases and/or CE certification.
In addition, the incumbent maintains the CE Certificate Access database associated with all external and internal CE courses. These include all workshops that are sponsored or co-sponsored by the CEP office.
4. Provides administrative support for CEP office. Serves as primary contact and information and referral service for the CEP office, providing information and maintaining all records of CE activity to support CE inquiries or activities or audits associated with customer base and assists with general office communications and correspondence.
5. Incumbent is responsible for other duties as assigned by AED and Assistant Director.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.