Accounts Payable Manager/Finance Specialist
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm based in Washington DC is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager/Finance Specialist.
This full-time position based in our Washington, DC headquarters will be responsible for the daily administration of the firm’s Accounts Payable functions, ensuring that payables are maintained in an effective, accurate and timely manner and all disbursement deadlines are met. The position will also provide general accounting support to the Finance Department.
The Accounts Payable/Finance Specialist will exercise a high level of accountability and attention to detail and will demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team environment. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Financial Operations.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Verify the accuracy of invoices, expense reports and other accounting items submitted to the Finance Department
- Administer timely and accurate data entry of AP submissions, including:
- review of support documentation for adequacy and accuracy
- verification of appropriate levels of approval
- ensuring proper adherence to policies and procedures and that systems are being followed
- updating and maintenance of AP transactions within QuickBooks, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- ensuring accuracy of expense allocation and general ledger coding
- Communicate with finance support staff and outside vendors on AP-related issues
- Report on status of AP submissions and review AP trackers for processing issues
- Develop and maintain processes and generate financial reports, trackers and projections to ensure timely and accurate disbursement for AP items
- Prepare weekly cash flow projections; determine cash requirements and ensure upcoming disbursements are properly funded
- Plan for and assist with preparation of wires and checks
- Perform all AP activities required for monthly close, including all functions required to ensure month end deadlines are met
General Finance and Accounting
- Support other Finance Department functions, including posting of journal entries, tracking of expense accruals and prepaid expenses, monthly close activities and financial reporting
- Monitor and ensure compliance with GAAP, internal policies and procedures and industry-specific rules and regulations
- Provide support for annual organizational audit as well as project audits as relevant
- Assist with annual preparation, review, distribution and filing of Form 1099
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned, including implementation of new finance and accounting systems and processes, finance-related administrative support and serving as a finance liaison with Banyan Global’s international projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or comparable, with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting including U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and ability to identify and apply industry best practices to enhance organizational controls
- Experience with a U.S. government contractor and working knowledge of U.S. Government regulations, processes and procedures (USAID experience preferred)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other team members to achieve common objectives
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Spanish language ability a plus
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission.
Only applications submitted through our website will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.