The Security Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the General Manager, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at the customer entrance and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store.
- Monitor customer traffic entering and exiting the store
- Communicate all suspicious activity to the General Manager to prevent potential theft
- Responsible for reacting to fire alarm conditions at the doors should the system activate
- Provide strong customer service by ensuring that customers do not leave with unpaid merchandise
- Monitor high shortage areas within the store
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, and other activities as assigned by the General Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by General Manager
- Maintain a safe business environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the General Manager
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable. Minimum 2 yr experience in security management.
- CPR and First Aid certification and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. Extended periods of sitting are also involved. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved. Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to use restraints in an apprehension. Ability to sustain long periods of time in surveillance areas.
- Other skills: Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of surveillance equipment.
- Work Hours: Weekdays and Saturdays from 9am-6pm.
- Full time position
- Medical Insurance
- Paid leave for sick, vacation and personal leave