Clinical Practice Specialist / Professional Development Specialist-L&D, FT-40hrs
- Full Time
This is a Nurse Educator position - a Master's Degree and Labor & Delivery experience are required.
Pay: Highly Competitive Pay, in line with dept equity and candidate experience
Clinical expert in evidence based nursing practice within specialty area. Functions both autonomously, and in collaboration with other health care providers, to manage, support and coordinate care of acutely and/or critically ill patients. Designs, implements and evaluates both patient specific and population based programs of care. Provides leadership in advancing practice of nursing, to achieve quality and cost effective patient outcomes, and provides leadership of multi-disciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and/or patient care issues. Provides clinical teaching and supervision, and directs patient assignments, for new and experienced staff. Provides and directs staff development, including training and orientation. Participates in performance evaluations and management, including verbal coaching and counseling. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
2. National certification in clinical specialty (national certification must be acquired by end of probationary six month period; if not acquired and maintained, not eligible to remain in role); role certification preferred.
3. BLS and/or ACLS Instructor Status certification from American Heart Association preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Master's Degree, with clinical or non-clinical focus.
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of related clinical experience (if hired in area with substantially different clinical knowledge set, will be expected to demonstrate clinical expertise in area within six months).
4. Skills at level of advanced practice nurse, as evidenced by portfolio, recommendation letters, references, and interviews; leadership, communication, collaboration, mentoring, and change skills; able to utilize evidence, to develop, teach, guide, and implement practice standards and policies.
5. Available to meet educational needs on all shifts.
6. Computer skills, using various applications, such as internet, e-mail, word processing, presentations, and databases.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.