Pharmacy Technician Certified
- Full Time
Assists pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs to all patients and areas of hospital, maintaining drug inventory, and charging and maintaining patient records. Advanced experience and training in areas of controlled substances, IV admixtures, and handling and preparing cytotoxic drugs. Pharmacy technicians work only under supervision of registered pharmacists - they do not perform duties that legally can only be performed by registered pharmacists. Performance demonstrates efforts to improve patient satisfaction, lower costs and improve quality. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. National pharmacy technician certification, or actively enrolled in Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved pharmacy school program (successful completion of foreign pharmacy graduate examination will be considered equivalent).
2. Registration with Maryland Board of Pharmacy.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Pass math/pharmaceutical calculation test.
3. One (1) year of IV admixture and chemotherapy experience preferred.
4. Able to communicate effectively, and speak, write and comprehend English.
5. Able to work cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy staff, in order to meet objectives.
6. Must be able to handle frequent interruptions, and changes in workload and work schedule.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.