5 days left
- Full Time
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Education Coordinator in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for closely collaborating with the Assistant Director in Regional Academic Centers to provide academic and administrative support, community outreach, and full-service student advising for the purpose of creating a world-class student service environment and experience. Responsibilities of the Education Coordinator include the use of independent judgment to support and advise students on their educational pursuits while helping them to achieve their academic goals.
* This position is located in Stafford, VA *
* Hours for the position will be M-TH (12:30pm-9:15pm) F (8:30am-5:00pm)
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Deliver full-service and world-class advising to students, including academic and financial guidance to students.
- Implement strategic outreach activities based on this information, and in line with the university's strategic growth initiatives.
- Provide support to Assistant Director in managing the on-site classrooms, testing center, computer lab, and other site facilities.
- Manage on-campus events, as well as participate in UMUC-sponsored events in the community.
- Utilize business intelligence and performance metrics to plan for desired outcomes.
- Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Night and weekend hours required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of experience providing quality customer service customers/students/clients, preferably with an enrollment management capacity in higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience working independently and possess a self-motivated, organized, upbeat and outgoing personality with a desire to encourage others to succeed; and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
POSITION IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.