Senior Information Security Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16405.Information Systems
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Purpose Of The Position
Focus on advancing Intelsat's Information Security threat and compliance program by planning and executing cross-platform compliance and vulnerability assessments, delivering professional reports including findings and recommendations, and driving remediation efforts to close identified vulnerabilities. In addition, identify, investigate and resolve security events detected by the in-place security solutions. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The IA analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise's security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
- Serve as the SME on incident response and coordination in response to any Information Assurance concerns.
- Conduct gap analysis on the information systems security posture to ensure system safeguards are meeting organizational defined policy.
- Understand and support Certification and Accreditation, security policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with requirements and security regulations.
- Perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessments against system test beds to evaluate effectiveness of system configurations to include validation of system software and hardware configurations. Perform security analysis and risk/vulnerability assessments and update security authorization documents to include System Security Plans (SSP) and Security Assessment Package (SAP) documentation as required.
- Participate in the decision process for making recommendations to mitigate vulnerabilities and discovered weaknesses.
- Conduct tuning engagements with security engineers to develop/adjust SIEM rules and analyst response procedures.
- Participate in the planning, design and implementation of enterprise security architecture.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Provides administrative support for security systems.
- Escalates problems to appropriate teams based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in team/project meetings and technical meetings appropriate for the content.
- Ensure assigned tasks and projects are completed on schedule.
Required Skills And Abilities
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in the below:
- Thorough knowledge of Information Assurance frameworks (e.g. ISO 27000 series, NIST 800-53, NIST RMF, DoD 8500.2)
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrable work experience with threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability mitigation
- Rapidly assess network traffic, detect data anomalies, and provide detailed reporting on same
- Provide alert handling mitigation strategies to other Information Assurance Analysts and management team
- Serve as the team member to support the analysis of general network technical problems and provides recommendations and technical support in solving these problems
- Administer network monitoring systems, as well as provide the assessment and implementation of solutions to meet network security requirements
- Ensure the successful performance of vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networks, network topologies, remote network access, servers, applicable software and troubleshooting techniques required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, creativity, and a proven drive for quality.
- Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
- Must be motivated and possess a team player attitude, have a strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication to all levels of the organization - end users, peers, and management
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships
- Must know how to provide proactive status of assigned work and able to estimate work
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.