Capacity Management Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Manage an inventory of satellite capacity, ensuring that capacity is optimized according to the roles, beam and transponder strategies for its specific model of spacecraft. Ensure capacity integrity and maintain consistency with our booked contracts, taking a project management approach in implementing new tactical and strategic grooming projects to optimize utilization of satellite capacity and also coordinating and leading the execution of various special plans and projects as necessary. May provide advice and guidance on issues related to management, utilization and revenue performance of managed satellites.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in satellite telecommunications with knowledge of satellite link budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and aptitude to learn proprietary systems and software programs.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional extended or overnight hours based on department activity, if needed.
- Ability to multitask with strong Project Management skills with able to handle projects independently.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
- Effective communicator, both written and spoken, and the ability and desire to collaborate with others to achieve results.
- Analyze, approve, and issue transmission plan updates for new customer services.
- Develop and maintain satellite configurations taking into account customer requirements, System Business Objectives, Satellite resources, earth station complement, new modulation techniques and operational guidelines.
- Maintain capacity integrity and consistency with our booked contracts and asset strategy.
- Recommend and implement tactical and strategic grooming projects which optimize utilization of satellite capacity and key customer proposals.
- Communicate key changes and events related to managed satellites that may impact the business.
- Support the design of new or replacement satellites.
- Support the resolution of operational issues related to health/configuration/interference on the satellites.
- Build productive internal and external working relationships.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.