Network Engineer (Data)
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Network Engineer (Data)
H23, $106,187- $153,971
FT Term NTE 4 years, 5 months
Washington Dulles International Airport; Technology Operations, MA-630
Open Until Filled
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (3) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other field providing a strong foundation for success in the DUTIES in this job description, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
2. Six years of progressively responsible experience implementing and managing hardware and software and creating operating procedures for enterprise-wide network systems for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video format that includes substantive work in most of the DUTIES in this job description, to include:
a. Experience analyzing, identifying and documenting functional IT network requirements of customers’ specific needs, translating findings into functional requirements, and developing supportable recommendations for enhancement, and
b. Experience with equipment installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This includes experience reviewing, evaluating, and calibrating components such as switches, routers, firewall, load balancers, cabling systems, modems, multiplexers, and concentrators, to achieve peak efficiency within the overall network connectivity, and
c. Experience analyzing network utilization statistics through data collection and performance measures to identify problems and solutions to ensure smooth, reliable, and robust network operation, and
d. Experience conducting in-depth analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors to achieve peak efficiency.
3. Must have a valid state driver’s license in good standing.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but they are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Cisco Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Certified Design Professional (CCDP), or Customer Voice Portal (CVP).
2. Experience with Data Center Consolidation, penetration testing, ethical hacking, and performing security assessments (such as Nessus vulnerability scanner and Metasploit penetration testing).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.