Under general guidance and instruction, administers various elements of IDA’s compliance procedures, including export controls, human subjects research, and code of conduct/ethics; researches legal and regulatory obligations affecting IDA; interviews, briefs, and trains IDA staff on legal and corporate policy requirements; prepares data and other materials related to IDA’s litigation; assists with internal investigations of potential misconduct; assists with internal self-assessments related to areas of legal and regulatory compliance; drafts documents and reports; tracks regulations, directives, and other established compliance requirements; and participates in record collection, maintenance and retrieval in support of multiple projects and tasks.
Investigations, Litigation, and Legal Research and Writing:
- Researches legal issues of importance to the company and prepares related memoranda.
- Prepares materials related to litigation, government and internal investigations, and corporate compliance.
- Assists in creating/reviewing corporate policies and practices based on changes to government regulations.
- Export Control: Monitors export control compliance; determines whether employees need export authorizations and works to obtain those authorizations; monitors compliance with export authorizations, including briefing staff on their obligations; and supervises the export control review of foreign visitors, foreign travel, and other foreign national interactions by staff.
- Human Subjects Research: Reviews task orders to determine whether they involve human subjects research and works with staff to prepare and submit filings and responses to the Institutional Review Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ethics/Code of Conduct:
- Assists management with internal ethics/code of conduct reporting system, including conducting reviews of allegations, gathering data related to alleged misconduct, and preparing documentation related to reported incidents.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preference for evening law student with strong academic background.
- Resume must indicate GPA for all schools/degrees in order to be considered.
- Detail-oriented; demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills, initiative, and judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels in IDA and in other entities, including those involved in technical and program work.
- Familiarity with export control regulations desirable, but not required.
- Experience with standard office software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances.