Sr. VDI Engineer with TS/SCI
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, an d resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Design, support & maintain multiple discrete VDI (virtualized desktop infrastructure) environments including hypervisors, desktop operating systems, application delivery technologies, and supporting server infrastructure.
* Collaborate with external groups, as required, to accomplish system build, monitoring, performance tuning, and troubleshooting activities.
* Provide Tier III/IV support for VDI related customer issues.
* Manage audit and security compliance of VDI assets.
* Make recommendations regarding hardware and software purchases and configuration
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience implementing and maintaining Citrix non-persistent VDI.
* Experience managing Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
* Experience deploying and supporting Citrix Provisioning Services
* Experience managing and securing Microsoft Windows Server.
* Experience with Windows Failover Clustering and SQL AlwaysOn administration.
* Understanding of the Windows user logon process and experience managing roaming profiles.
* Experience configuring Microsoft Group Policy in a VDI environment.
* Experience using PowerShell scripting to manage Windows Servers and Citrix applications.
* Experience managing and maintaining hypervisor hosts in support of VDI.
* Experiencing implementing and supporting load balancing for XenApp/XenDesktop services.
* Citrix XenDesktop, versions 5.x & 7.x.
* Citrix XenApp, versions 6.x & 7.x
* Citrix Provisioning Services, version 6.x & 7.x
* Citrix NetScaler versions 9.x, 10.x & 11.x
* Citrix Xenserver 6.x, 7.x
* VMware vSphere 6.x
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
* Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
* SQL 2012 & 2014
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.