Research Assistant- Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune
We are seeking a research assistant to support the Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune to perfrom the following activities:
* Execute and provide maintenance on research studies. Carry out tasks related to research studies as required by investigator.
* Maintain files and records of ongoing research projects.
* Recruit and telephone screen subjects.
* Communicate with research subjects; via telephone or in person and ask relevant research questions as per protocol.
* Arrange for research subject follow-up.
* Assist with research subject visits.
* Perform selected research subject visit duties, for example, presenting questionnaires and collecting demographics.
* Perform data collection as per protocol
* Enter data into Microsoft Excel and Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) databases (if applicable).
* Transfer data from questionnaires and data sheets to the databases.
* Prepare progress reports.
* Document all correspondence and communication pertinent to the research.
* Keep a log of all correspondence and communication relating to the assigned duties.
* Perform administrative duties related to the research such as obtaining signatures and delivering documents to CID for the investigators.
* Complete all paperwork and documentation as required.
* As required by protocol, obtain patient's medical record/reports following procedures.
* Obtain lab and x-ray results as needed, via CHCS or AHLTA systems.
* Make patient appointments by phone and with the use of Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or other method as prescribed by the protocol, command, and clinic structure.
* Attend conferences and other meetings as required by the protocol, the PI or sponsoring agency as authorized contract.
* Assist principal investigators, research team members, and other staff in the development of, preparation for, and closeout of clinical research studies.
* Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPAA and institutional regulations.
* Actively participate in CID departmental and command-wide research educational and training programs by providing instruction, presentations, and assistance to research staff as needed.
* Assist the compliance Officer with monitoring process to ensure protocol compliance.
* Attend conference and other meetings as required by the protocol, the PI or sponsoring agency as authorized by the contract.
* Perform other research related duties as needed and within the scope of work.
* Completion of an Associate College Degree with a focus in Healthcare or related discipline (such as Biology or Psychology) OR the equivalency of a minimum of three years working experience in a hospital, physician’s office, or academic setting, i.e., pre-med student.
* Must be a U.S. citizen. / Must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance.
* 3-5 years of related experience.
* Be familiar with computers and software programs such as all components of Microsoft Office Suite.
* The Research Assistant shall attend Command Orientation within 30 days of start date. Training will be held at either NMCP or the Branch Clinics. Training may be waived for individuals who have previously worked at NMCP or the Branch Clinics. Topics and length of training may vary from initial training.
* Will complete research subject protection training developed by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), and NMCP/NHCL research integrity training within one month from start date and additional protocol specific training as required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.