Research Assistant II (212664)
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the Genomics Department for the Biological Defense Research Department (BDRD) located at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to BDRD. Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments.
2. Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Performs nucleic acid isolation and characterization experiments.
6. Records detailed observations about Microbiological related projects. Provides basic immunological and microbiological data analysis and interpretation and maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
5. Maintains supplies in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory area clean.
6. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.