Data Analyst II (212402)
HJF is seeking a Data Analyst II to support the Medicine Department located at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS. Provides routine and non-routine statistical/analytical support for the department/division to enhance operating efficiency; exercises independent judgment in the resolution of analytical problems.
- Maintains research databases, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Links and merges datasets to create larger datasets for projects.
- Performs statistical data manipulations and statistical analyses using SAS.
- Reviews and remains current with technical and scientific literature of biostatistics.
- Contributes to the design and assists in the management of numerous research projects simultaneously.
- Reviews and summarizes relevant statistical literature and uses this knowledge to assist in the writing of reports and scientific manuscripts.
- Collaborates and communicates with team members and external collaborators.
- May direct work assignments.
- May assist in education, training and/or mentoring of lower level staff/students
- Prepares and presents informal and formal briefings at/for funding agencies and institutional oversight committees
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software
- Advanced knowledge of biostatistics used to interpret data.
- Intermediate knowledge of survey methods used to collect data.
- Skill in use of word processing, spreadsheet, graphic, email, and database software.
- Basic skill to assist in the writing of memorandums, correspondence, abstracts, articles, and proposals.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- May require the ability to supervise and direct work assignments.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Ability to interface with investigators and research staff.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills that will provide the ability to interact effectively and professionally with team members and external collaborators.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: This position requires a Masters level degree in statistical analysis, or in public health, or a related field.
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years related experience.
Physical Capabilities: Walking, standing, must be able to read reports, labels and use computer, must be able to hear well enough to communicate with coworkers, must be able to write, type, and use phone system
Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen. If a security clearance is not active upon hire, the candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance of secret for this position. Candidates will access DoD databases that have classified information.
Work Environment: Normal office working conditions
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.