Rehearsal Planning Assistant (PART-TIME TEMPORARY)
5 days left
- Part Time
July 31, 2017 - December 17, 2017
January 8, 2018 - May 27, 2018
The Rehearsal Planning Assistant assists the Manager of Rehearsal Planning and Artists Services and Associate Manager of Rehearsal Planning and Supernumerary Coordinator in the creation and distribution of the daily schedule, provides Rehearsal Planning office coverage at the WNO Studio and the Kennedy Center, schedules Child Minders, and provides general administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
15% Cover the Rehearsal Planning offices at the WNO Studio and Kennedy Center to ensure that there is a staff member physically present at all times during an opera related activity (i.e. rehearsal or performance).
15% Create Rehearsal Planning office coverage schedule and schedule Production Office Assistants at WNO Studio front desk for evening and weekend rehearsal coverage. Schedule Child Minders as necessary when there are child performers in productions.
10% Update calendar, artist releases, and contact information in ArtsVision as needed, as well as maintaining/filing hard copies of schedules, contact sheets, and release requests.
10% Assist in creation and distribution of daily schedule, and record the daily rehearsal hotline.
5% Schedule elevator hours at WNO Studio and Stage Right door unlock at Opera House with KC security
5% Assists in ensuring that all artists are accounted for prior to rehearsals and performances; contacts all principal artists & the maestro the morning of each performance to confirm wellness and call times.
5% Create and distribute list of cast and staff for Stage Door access for each production
5% Compiles a list of scheduled donors attending rehearsals and provides assistance with access and/or clearance for guests or unescorted opera patrons.
5% Create the cast sheet and maintain cast sheet folders for shows currently in rehearsal.
5% Assist Supernumerary Coordinator with paperwork processing for Supers, including child work permit forms for child supers.
5% Create dressing room assignments for all shows in collaboration with relevant staff; create and distribute dressing room signs.
5% Provide a welcoming and friendly environment for guest artists, company members, patrons, and volunteers, and field questions as necessary.
5% Understands and has a general awareness of all scheduled activities on a daily basis.
5% Provide general office support
- 1-2 years of experience in production, artist services, and/or administration within a performing arts organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Work experience and interest/knowledge in opera, classical music, or performing arts encouraged.
- Knowledge of a foreign language, especially Italian, French, German, or Spanish encouraged.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exercise good judgment, show initiative, handle sensitive data in a trustworthy manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Discretion, maturity, and composure, especially under pressure.
- Ability to establish priorities and juggle numerous assignments.
- High standards and sense of responsibility.
- Interest in positive interpersonal interaction, openness to diverse work situations, and sense of humor strongly encouraged.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premiere performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.