Data Engineer, Analytics
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is wholly owned by Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
The Data Engineer, Analytics will design, develop, and maintain enterprise IT solutions and systems to support and improve Information Analytics around BBNA. This includes participating in design workshops, gathering requirements, building data stores, synthesizing the data, and presenting the information using a variety of visualization platforms. This individual will combine strong business acumen with proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the business value of IT system investments. The focus of this position is in developing solutions for back-office applications including Procurement, Asset Management, Customer Management, Human Capital Management, and Finance. The Data Engineer, Analytics will be a self-directed learners who quickly learns new technologies and business processes and independently executes projects for internal customers.
- Meet with decision makers, business process owners, and end-users to define functional and technical requirements for new analytical reporting applications.
- Design and develop ETL processes to bring disparate data into an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Design, build and maintain analytical dashboards from the EDW based on end-user specifications.
- Lead projects to promote self-service BI by developing and implementing data abstraction and access techniques and engage with end-users to educate them on the data environment.
- Build and maintain data migration and transformation methodologies to support business initiatives around customer retention, product penetration, purchase tendencies, etc.
- Research software products, participate in vendor evaluation and selection processes for IT business applications through a formal methodology and recommends applicable solutions.
- Contribute and progressively lead production support events such as Business Continuity Process tests, security enhancements, etc.
- Collaborate with the project management and development resources on projects to define requirements, develop project plans, test solutions, manage UAT and user training, develop and execute production cutover plans, and develop and manage post go-live production support processes.
- Create use-case models, requirements specifications, business process, and data-flow diagrams to document function solution design.
- Synthesize requirements into technical design specifications and supports the design, development, and testing of technical objects that support business objectives.
- Perform in-depth system testing activities, facilitates end-user acceptance testing, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support activities.
- Conduct analysis and deliver recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT business intelligence systems across the enterprise.
- Monitor application SLAs and proactively partner with business and technical teams to provide ongoing support and systems / process improvements.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
5+ years’ experience of overall experience in the Information Technology industry; 3+ years’ experience as a senior data analyst or similar role; strong technical experience in the areas of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL Server; strong experience in database modeling and optimization techniques; strong experience in handling personally identifiable information including encryption techniques for data at rest and in-motion; strong experience with Salesforce data analytics including all aspects of the Lead to Cash process; excellent communication (oral and written), relationship building, influence and negotiation skills with both technical and business resources;experience with Enterprise Service Bus technologies such as Mule Soft is a plus; strong experience with data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Oracle BI, etc; strong experience in ETL technologies such as Informatica, SSIS, etc; experience with SAP Crystal Reports is a plus; experience with working with unstructured data analytics is a plus; exposure to statistical analysis and data mining tools and programs such as R is a plus; prior experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Human Resource Information management, Customer Relationship Management, Subscription Management, or Financial Management; experience in and strong knowledge of the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with understanding of a variety of technologies and platforms; experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams; ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of employees and customers throughout the organization; experience working independently with customers in a variety of roles / levels from less experienced developers to senior executives; Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
Apply for Data Engineer, Analytics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly