IT Operations Engineer I
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IT Operations Engineer 1
The Armed Forces Benefit Association (AFBA), an organization dedicated to serving those who serve this great nation, seeks an IT Operations Engineer I to join its IT Operations Team. This is a non-exempt position, 8 pm to 5am daily, Monday through Friday, with a regular rotation of on-call weekend duties.
The IT Operations Engineer I will observe and control the company’s main computer systems and peripheral equipment to facilitate uninterrupted data processing, operating runs, and batch program jobs, including monitoring system consoles for error messages, failures, and network malfunctions. This position will diagnose problems and apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve malfunctions in system or network recovery.
This position will provide first time resolution of incidents and prompt completion of service requests. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the incident to one of our Tier 2 engineers to investigate and resolve.
- Administer, operate, observe, and monitor AS400 mainframe computers, database and pc applications, and peripheral equipment for faulty output and errors to ensure overall correct operation procedures. Create new profiles employees in AS400
- Adjust, manipulate, and respond to console requests, commands, workflow procedures, and job runs
- Analyze and determine source of system errors, malfunctions, job stoppages, and program information to ensure that operation standards are met and upheld
- Identify and resolve system issues to maintain services, enhance capabilities, and prevent system outages
- Review and evaluate production printouts, reports, and files to ensure the optimal performance and quality standards of main computers
- Run daily and monthly production updates
- Have knowledge and experience supporting varying levels of IBM’s AS400 Operating Systems and license programs and AS400 Virtualization
- Download installation files and procedures from the FTP site Uploading the files and installation processes onto the AS400
- Monitor all job logs and error reports and coordinate problems with IBM
- Assist in installation of PTF updates and assist in installation of new system release
- Formal experience or training in Incident Management software (BMC RemedyForce, Change Gear, Service Now, Footprints, etc.)
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows OS (i.e. 7, 10) and Microsoft Office desktop problems to help minimize downtime
- Identify and deliver required hardware, network, and telecommunications service levels per company policies
- User account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets on Active Directory
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Perform general preventive maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- College, technical degree or certifications in the IT field or equivalent Service Desk experience
- Certifications in ITIL, Microsoft, A+,
- Experience with IBM AS400, 1+ years
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, 1+ years
- Experience with Windows OS (i.e. 7, 10), 1+ years
- Experience using a ticketing system, 2+ years
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, and telecommunications systems
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, self-motivated.
- Ability to work pre-determined on-call schedule after-hours and on weekends
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs
AFBA is conveniently located in Old Town Alexandria. We offer a competitive compensation package, including a 401k plan with generous employer match, employer-funded pension plan, health insurance, life insurance, LTD, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Friday, April 21, 2017.