Close Support with Polygraph Chantilly,VA
3 days left
- Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements t esting strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Granting customers access to share drives, applications, etc.
* Creating new accounts
* Transferring accounts
* Performing name changes
* Enabling user accounts
* Disabling user accounts
* Resetting passwords
* Sending web certificates
* Process GAT requests
* Process EMS + additional requests
* Troubleshoot customer issues
* Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software tolls and techniques.
* Installs and configures applications software and related hardware such as desktops, printers, scanners and monitors (completing moves, adds and changes to the baseline)
* Provides technical support and training to end users
* Participates in special projects as required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.