Senior SharePoint Systems Engineer (TS-SCI w/ Poly)
We are seeking a Senior SharePoint Engineer to join a high performing team of engineers supporting the customer’s Enterprise SharePoint platform. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in this fast-paced environment you will be responsible for ensuring high availability of the Enterprise SharePoint service offering while also exploring new technologies and identifying solutions to meet the customer’s changing requirements. You will work closely with the Sr. Architect, infrastructure engineers, and development team to define and implement collaboration solutions.
* Perform Enterprise level operations and sustainment activities
* Perform technical planning, systems integration, and verification and validation
* Install and configure SharePoint server farms
* Collaborate with internal and external service providers and customers to provide quality solutions
* Plan and implement High Availability and Disaster Recover y mechanisms
* Design, develop, document, test and debug application software and systems
* Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, and translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications and solutions
* Assist with Tier 3 and 4 trouble tickets including partnering with SharePoint System Administrators and working with customers
* Mentor junior team members
* Active TS-SCI with FSP security clearance.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
SharePoint operational environment sustainment experience.
Experience with two or more of the following:
* SharePoint Infrastructure
* Load Balancing solutions
* Identity Management solutions
* Scripting Solutions (e.g., PowerShell)
* Windows (e.g., Active Directory, DNS, IIS)
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Contract Desired Skills:
Previous experience with customer’s operational environment
Certifications: SharePoint certification (desired)
Microsoft Identity Integration Server certification (desired)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) (desired)
Day shift team must cover 0700 - 1700 hours and perform monthly after-hours sustainment activity and on-call support as needed.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.