Participates and/or leads strategic sourcing activities for assigned departments by facilitating /driving cost reduction opportunities through improved standardization, utilization, and price leveling strategies (Value Analysis). Facilitates and assembles cross functional teams across the system to drive system-wide priorities, achieve service and quality excellence, and transfer knowledge of “best practice” and strategic sourcing activities. Performs research, data analysis, and develops strategies and relevant tools, as appropriate, to monitor and identify potential savings. Manage key and preferred supplier relationships as well as Trinity Health's Supplier Diversity program; draft requests for competitive bids; guide contract negotiation; oversee contract implementation; conduct supplier performance reviews; track dollars spent and compliance to cost savings initiatives. Assist with the development of SCM policies and procedures and establish formula and tools necessary for compliance to policies. Facilitate contract dispute resolution.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- BA degree with major in business or hospital administration preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Five years previous Purchasing/Materials Management experience - good knowledge of hospital equipment and supplies.
- Ability to convert data into information by performing advanced analysis, including savings validation analysis (post product conversion), forecasting, risk assessment, process analysis, and total cost of ownership.
- Ability to develop and implement commodity and services sourcing strategies which yield measurable spend reduction.
- Good business math, verbal and written communications ability.
- Hands on, proficient experience with Microsoft Office suite computer programs i.e. Excel, Word, and Power Point. Group Wise, Internet applications and automated Supply Chain Management applications programs (Lawson).
- Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.