IT Specialist, GS-2210-13 (DE/CR)
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Central Operations with one position located in College Park, MD.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-NCEP-2017-0049, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit
*This vacancy may be used to fill other IT Specialist, GS-2210-13 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Occasional Travel
- 1% of domestic travel may be required.
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
For all positions, individuals must have IT‐related experience (which may be may be obtained by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate) demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail ‐ Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service ‐ Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication ‐ Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving ‐ Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify at the GS-13 level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the IT Competencies above, applicants must also possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Supporting and maintaining information technology systems in a Linux environment; and
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
Public Trust - Background Investigation