Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Management Office - Georgetown University Medical
Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Management Office - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO), a shared institutional resource of the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC), provides administrative, nursing, and data management support for cancer treatment clinical trials conducted by Lombardi Investigators. This includes all regulatory documents, Institutional Review Board submissions, budget and contract negotiations, consenting of subjects, case management of patients while on study, side effect management, completion of case report forms, meeting with monitors, maintaining trial information on the Lombardi website, and design of electronic case report forms for institutional trials.
The Clinical Research Coordinator manages patient safety, data management, and protocol compliance for phase I, II and III clinical trials using investigational agents for the solid tumor disease groups. Reporting to the Supervisor of Research Nursing, the Clinical Research Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with investigators to determine trial eligibility, maintain protocol integrity, and manage data collection.
- Supports and evaluates patient adherence to protocol and safety, and documents any deviations.
- Assesses, identifies and prioritizes clinical information for medical team for patients enrolled on clinical trials,
- Assists in the assessment, management and coordination of care across the continuum of care (outpatient, inpatient and home), including triage of phone calls, symptom management, and proactive patient education and communication.
- Prepares for and participates in site initiation visits, monitoring visits, and audits.
- Serves as liaison with staff, IRB, physicians, pharmaceutical companies, and federal agencies requiring data.
- Schedules in-service for appropriate staff regarding clinical trial.
- Administers financial management for patients participating in clinical trials.
- Collaborates with data management for clinical trials patients to assure that the documentation for the clinical trial is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with protocol office regarding regulatory affairs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Preference for at least 3 years of related oncology and research experience
- Preference for knowledge of clinical research, computer applications, and research process
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.