Senior Engagement and Mobilization Manager
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced communicator and organizer to support issue campaigns and other initiatives that advance progress for women and girls at school, at work, at home, and in their communities.
The Senior Engagement and Mobilization Manager will develop and implement engagement and mobilization strategies, primarily on digital channels, for several of the Center’s program areas based on the candidate’s experience and background and how they fit with those of the team. The Senior Manager will use a wide range of digital skills and organizing techniques to help develop and execute various digital and supporter engagement strategies.
- Help design and execute strategies to engage and mobilize Center supporters.
- Develop effective and dynamic campaigns and strategies for both short- and long-term efforts.
- Write action alerts, social media content, blog posts, toolkits, and other related materials.
- Organize and manage occasional rallies in collaboration with partner organizations.
- Plan and hold meetings, webinars, conference calls, public speaking opportunities, and other NWLC-hosted events.
- Represent NWLC at coalition meetings and manage and nurture relationships with partner organizations.
- Work collaboratively and closely with colleagues in the Communications Department and with relevant program departments.
- Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
- Supervise engagement & mobilization associate.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least seven years of experience doing digital advocacy and/or running issue campaigns and/or working on electoral campaigns in a digital or organizer capacity.
- Experience with Center issues a plus.
- The ability to grasp key policy messages and effectively communicate them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of communications tools, such as social media platforms and analytics, eCRMS, webinars, action alerts, listservs, and databases.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
- Experience with planning rallies, meetings, and other events a plus.
- Experience with outreach to millennials and communities of color a plus.
- The ability to be self-directed and work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Experience with women’s issues or other progressive issues a plus.
- Management experience a plus.