Coordinator, Finance, Digital Impact Alliance
The Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) is a new global alliance to enable the digital ecosystem to deliver greater scale, efficiency, and social impact as it creates more inclusive digital economies in emerging markets. Working with partners, DIAL generates evidence of what works through a series of demonstration projects, distils insights and tools to promote scale-up and replication, and provides mechanisms to encourage knowledge sharing, collaboration, and co-investment throughout the ecosystem.
DIAL is funded through a collaboration among the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), and hosted within the UN Foundation in Washington, D.C.
The Business Operations team is the administrative hub for DIAL’s fast moving, global, tech oriented team and ensures a clear alignment among strategy, program operations, financial management, talent management and impact. The Finance Coordinator will play an important role in fostering sound financial management by supporting the Manager, Grants and Finance. The role will ensure that all expenses meet internal and external standards, support budgeting and financial forecasting, and contract and grant administration. If you want to apply your financial administration skills in an environment that is working to advance an inclusive digital society, then this may be the right fight for you.
Financial Operations (85%)
- Process all expenses from team members and vendors and ensure that they comply with US donor requirements (including US Government, multi-lateral and private donors), and UN Foundation expenses policies
- Allocate expenses to projects
- Review and process invoices from vendors, partners, and grantees
- Manage reports around outstanding invoices
- Track contracts and estimated payouts to feed into cashflow modeling
- Support annual budgeting process by assisting information gathering for budget preparation
- Support annul investment evaluation process
Grant and Contract Support (15%)
- Assist in drafting and/or reviewing small contracts and grant agreements
- Assist with grantees and contractors vetting due diligence
- At least 2 years of relevant experience international NGO/non-profit sector
- Intermediate Excel knowledge, and overall good computer skills including Word and PowerPoint
- At least 1 year experience in budgeting, financial analysis, expense reporting, reconciliation and payment requests
- Previous experience inputting, extracting and manipulating data in financial management systems such as QuickBooks, Quicken or Financial Edge a plus
- Familiarity with NGO/non-profit budgets including income statements, balance sheets and cashflows
- Familiarity with NGO/non-profit sector, grants and contracts management (USG, bilateral and private donors)
- Detail oriented, problem solver
- Desire to support non-finance staff on expense and budgeting issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business administration
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation:
The United Nations Foundation offers an excellent range of benefits for full-time employees including: a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). dental insurance, vision discounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, health club discounts, commuter benefits, employee assistance program and Warby Parker discounts.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership.