SENIOR TRANSIT ANALYST
Washington Suburban Transit Commission
4351 Garden City Drive, Suite 305, Hyattsville, MD 20785
SENIOR TRANSIT ANALYST
Salary $43,000- $55,000
This position serves as the Senior Transit Analyst for the Washington Suburban Transit Commission (WSTC). The Washington Suburban Transit Commission (WSTC) is a bi-county agency serving Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. The Commission facilitates planning, coordination and funding for transit services in the region, including the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Montgomery County Ride On, Prince George’s County The Bus, and other providers in the region. The primary focus of this position is on providing lead worker level of planning work at the WSTC. This position will work closely with the staff of the Washington Suburban Transit Commission and the Director of the Maryland Department of Transportation's Washington Area Transit Office.
Examples of duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of existing and proposed transit service.
- Conduct analysis of transit services in the region and develop recommendations to improve the efficiency and productivity of these services and an understanding the importance of transit service to provide connectivity to residents throughout the region, with particular emphasis on Title VI equity considerations.
- Participate in bus planning studies led by WMATA and other regional providers.
- Conduct analysis of transit ridership and cost trends as well as service change proposals, and preparation of recommendations for service improvements.
- Prepare policy and fiscal analysis of proposed state legislation relevant to transit planning, operations, and funding.
- Support the Director of the Maryland Department of Transportation’s Washington Area Transit Office in preparing briefing materials, charts, and presentations.
- Support the State’s audit of the annual WMATA subsidy allocation.
EDUCATION: Successful candidates will have Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Planning, Geography, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics or Transportation Studies from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the above stated fields may be substituted at a rate of thirty credit hours for one year of the required experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in public transportation with responsibility for transit operations, transit planning, or traffic engineering. Skills required include the ability to write clearly and concisely for executives, quantitative and spatial analysis using Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS, and other data analysis tools and familiarity with transit planning best practices.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the attention of Ms. K. Jane Williams, Washington Suburban Transit Commission, 4351 Garden City Drive, Suite 305, Hyattsville, Maryland 20785 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Qualified applicants may be subject to background and reference checks. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOY