Health Insurance /Employee Benefits Account Manager/CSR
ABC Insurance Trust’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC Insurance Trust’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, expressed or implied, or other legal rights between ABC Insurance Trust and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC Insurance Trust may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
Growing Association Health Insurance/Employee Benefits agency is seeking an experienced health insurance professional to take on the role of Account Manager. This position requires an efficient, self-motivated individual to support a Production Team with the day-to-day administration of group benefits insurance policies and related services for our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Generate quotes for health insurance and ancillary benefits for account executives.
- Create, edit and format Excel spreadsheets, and/or complete data entry on templates.
- Market group benefits at renewal: obtain quotes from multiple carriers and create related spreadsheets.
- Work with clients and prospects to collect data to generate quotes and underwrite coverage.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and accuracy with spreadsheets, emails and databases.
- Maintain logins and quoting access for 30+ systems.
- Maintenance of computer files.
- Interact with insurance carrier's data systems and IT departments.
- Handle installation of group benefits plans with multiple carriers, including preparation of employer applications, censuses, obtaining required documentation (including employee enrollments for self-funded groups), to provide completed submissions. Conduct follow-up for missing information, oversee and track process to completion, often involving several simultaneous cases at any given time.
- Set up employer accounts in Maxwell Health, an online benefits administration system. Enter benefits data for multiple carriers, upload and download censuses, SBCs and related documents. Work with vendor to establish Electronic Data Integration (EDI) with carriers as necessary. Coordinate Maxwell training for group administrators and provide ongoing support. Update groups in system at renewal with new rates, plan details and/or new carrier information.
- Interact with Dollar Bank clients and prospects for quoting and reporting purposes.
- Handle COBRA notices, enrollments and rejections.
- Develop client reports on Dollar Bank activity.
- Analyze data and develop reports.
- Send documents and notices for Dollar Bank activities.
- Reconcile billing and enrollment.
- General Dollar Bank administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health insurance and other group benefits familiarity and knowledge; skills in related administration and marketing
- Excellent Excel skills, to include formatting, use of formulas and multiple tabs
- Demonstrated ability to calculate quotes
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with multiple stakeholders, including clients and carrier staff
- Familiarity with self-funded plans is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.); or equivalent, or related experience.
- One to three years related experience and/or training.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to relate to customers and carriers in a professional manner, providing excellent customer service and follow through.
- Personal motivation and drive to be a proactive partner to our customers and our service team.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter; highly organized.
- Coordination of projects, meetings and/or events a plus.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to work a demanding, self-directed work schedule.
- Skills to effectively utilize tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Ability to work within a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of the ABC Insurance Trust to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC Insurance Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ABC Insurance Trust will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.