ANTICIPATED 2017-2018 SUPERVISOR, SPECIAL EDUCATION, AUTISM SERVICES
- Postgraduate Professional License with endorsements in one or more areas of Special Education; administrative endorsement and/or special education leadership certificate required. Additional experience, coursework or certification in programs for autism preferred.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in progressively responsible positions and administrative experience or program supervision with an emphasis on programs for students with autism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community.
- Experience includes successful demonstrate ion of interpersonal and professional skills to develop relationships with school staff, central office colleagues and parents.
- Demonstrated successful experience providing professional training and presentations for individual, small group and large audiences.
The Supervisor, Special Education, Autism Services, reports to the Director, Special Education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Supervisor, Special Education, Autism Services, is responsible for the oversight and direction of activities related to the provision of programs and services for students with autism. The supervisor works with the specialists, facilitators, consulting teachers and school-based staff as well as related colleagues in the Department of Pupil Services and the Department of Instruction to develop comprehensive services to meet academic, behavioral and social-emotional needs. The supervisor provides leadership for the development and implementation of training, service implementation and evaluation for students with autism. Program emphasis includes the development of the full continuum of high quality programs and services within the public school setting.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and supervision for the full continuum model including development and management of a long-term division plan to facilitate and build teacher capacity in several schools to provide services in instruction and behavior using evidence based approaches.
- Provide training and support for the autism specialist and autism consulting teachers to assist school-based staff in collecting and analyzing data; conduct fidelity checks to provide feedback for providers and to assist in data collection; and facilitate the process to identify an appropriate approach based identified needs and specific strategies.
- Supervise autism specialist and consulting teachers who will work directly with teachers in a school providing collaborative and one-on-one support, and facilitating teacher inquiry and related professional development as well as providing small and large group presentations and training.
- Collaborate with school-based and central office staff to provide professional development, engage in ongoing work in furthering the tiered approach for specialized reading instruction and assist in developing action plans to support students across settings who require specialized instruction.
- Develop skills of autism specialists, facilitators and consulting teachers to work with administrators and teachers to collect and analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -