ANTICIPATED 2017-2018 SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTIONAL FACILITATOR - READING (9 POSITIONS)
- Postgraduate Professional License with endorsements in one or more areas of Special Education preferred; administrative endorsement and/or special education leadership certificate preferred.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching experience with students with learning disabilities and/or reading challenges.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with effective, evidence-based reading methodologies, such as multisensory and structured reading approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community.
- Demonstrated successful experience providing professional training and presentations for individual, small group and large audiences.
The Specialized Instructional Facilitator-Reading reports to the Supervisor, Specialized Instructional Facilitators.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Specialized Instructional Facilitators, the position of Specialized Instructional Facilitator - Reading assists teachers and administrators in developing specialized knowledge in the area of reading. Ongoing and sustained professional learning experiences will provide support for the implementation of specialized approaches in reading/literacy instruction to build capacity among instructional staff. Data collection and analysis will be modeled with an emphasis on developing programs and services that are consistent with evidence-based practices and implemented with fidelity for successful student outcomes. The Specialized Instructional Facilitator - Reading will work side-by-side with classroom teachers, special education teachers and other staff for training, modeling, observing, monitoring and evaluating the delivery of specialized approaches.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach, model, facilitate and build teacher capacity in several schools to provide specialized reading instruction using a structured literacy approach.
- Assist teachers in collecting and analyzing data; conduct fidelity checks to provide feedback for providers and to assist in data collection; and facilitate the process to identify an instructional match between identified needs and specific instructional strategies.
- Work directly with teachers in a school providing classroom-based demonstrations, collaborative and one-on-one support, and facilitating teacher inquiry and related professional development as well as providing small and large group presentations and training.
- Collaborate with school-based and central office staff to provide professional development, engage in ongoing work in furthering the tiered approach for specialized reading instruction and assist in developing action plans to support students across settings who require specialized instruction.
- Provide consultation to facilitators to enhancing teachers' ability to provide instruction that builds students' sense of engagement in the ownership of learning and supports their success in division initiatives.
- Work with administrators and teachers to collect and analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
(Based on the 2016-2017 Salary Scale)
207 Day Position, 7 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -