Sr. AWS Systems Engineer - Polygraph
1 day left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Provide end to end system lifecycle support for all systems. Must have an extensive background in systems administration and supporting application development teams in an Amazon Web Services environment.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an adminis trative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
The position tasks will include:
* Work with multiple development teams in planning server architecture, deployment and support for applications in AWS.
* Familiar with the AWS based systems and be responsible for drilling down to code level and logs.
* Provide proactive support, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem resolution across cloud environments.
* Monitor the team ticket queue and respond to Incident and Service Request tickets within SLA specific timeframe.
* Coordinate support with external partners as needed.
* Attend Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) as needed.
* Monitor systems during business hours.
* Perform patch maintenance or provide support to external partners that provide the service.
* Basic scripting.
* Evaluate performance of systems and provide tuning recommendations.
* Manage PKI certificates.
* Able to investigate, test, and deploy new technologies where little documentation exists.
* Learn and adopt new tools, techniques to increase (infrastructure and solutions) performance, automation and scalability.
* Participate in special projects.
* Support deployments including ones that require after hours support.
* Provide operational pager duty support.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
The team is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with experience working in an AWS environment. The candidate should be a self-starter with Linux OS experience. The candidate should be able to work autonomously at times and collaborate with the development team as needed.
* AWS experience as a systems administrator or engineer
* Strong Linux operating system experience
* Experience in a DevOps environment
* Experience with PKI certificates
* Experience being a DTO or the willingness to become one
* Experience with installing and supporting middleware applications such as Tomcat
* Experience with common scripting or programming languages
* Experience working on systems that handle high volumes of data (hundreds of TB)
* Strong oral and written communications skills required
* Experience preparing engineering diagrams in Visio, and technical documentation
* 10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.