Network Engineer - TS/SCI Req'd
Network Control Specialist monitors network events to identify incidents; attempts to remotely restore services and escalates higher level incidents to appropriate organizations when remote restoration is not possible; performs Command Line Interface syntax on routers/switches/encryption devices within a multi-vendor environment; correlates andinvestigates incidents to identify a root-cause to service interruptions and performs corrective actions to restore service, as well as identifies network performance issues across the enterprise. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Monitor and investigate Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoot network incidents, document findings, remotely restore services, recommend fix actions, and dispatch maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is not possible.
- Monitor and investigate network performance threshold events as well as security relevant alarms to proactively protect and preserve the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Escalate Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 personnel and detachments according to establishedprocesses and procedures.
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident orCMA Action Plan.
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and providepossible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processedvia COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
- Shift work