Unix/Linux System Administrator
Unix/Linux System Administrator responsible for installation, configuration, and monitoring of multiple servers. This includes the operating systems (Solaris 11/RHEL 6), SPARC and x86 hardware, configuration management, monitoring and backups. This position is responsible for providing 24/7 system support. The applicant must have strong communication skills and a deep knowledge and experience in system troubleshooting and support.
- Experience with operating system and hardware tuning for optimal performance.Develop scripts for automating routine tasks.Monitor servers and applications for errors and performance problems.Applying quarterly patchesMonitors and resolves any problems that may arise from the distribution or installation.Ability to work with minimal direction, yet able to work in a team environment.
- Solaris 4 -6 years. (required)
- Linux 4 - 6 years. (required)
- RHCSA/RHCE (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (required)
- Advanced knowledge of OS troubleshooting, system hardening, network troubleshooting, and system automation. (required)