Application Administrator III
Application Administrator III
Office of Analytics, Planning and Technology
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Grade 3.3
The Enterprise Application Team within the Office of Information Technology is seeking a self-motivated Application Administrator responsible for administration and support of large-scale SaaS systems as well as in-house applications administration. The Application Administrator will configure and manage user roles and permissions, ensure monitoring is setup for systems, review application performance, support integrations, as well as track and manage application updates/releases. As needed, administrator will work on new SaaS/COTS product implementation and defining/performing support requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently within a changing environment, with competing information.
- Provide timely customer service by responding to incidents, svcs, change, and other requests via email.
- Learning new tools and products quickly.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across organization. Acting as SME for various products, provide feedback orally and in writing to assist other teams while doing assessments or impact of system changes.
- Introducing new ideas for Application Administration, based on practical implementation expertise gleaned from previous experience.
- Proven ability to learn new tools systems quickly to support the rollout of new SaaS/COTS Applications as necessary.
- Provide on call support for SaaS/COTS systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience performing system administration with SaaS/COTS Applications such as: Salesforce.com, ServiceNow, Desire2learn, Workday or comparable products
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting batch processes or other integration techniques (SFTP, Connectors, adapters, webservices) to extract/import data into or from system.
- Experience with monitoring of large scale SaaS/COTS applications and integrations. 2 years' experience using splunk, Zenoss, Dynatrace or similar tool is desirable.
- Experience working in various project methodologies - SDLC, SCRUM etc. is required.
- Experience handling incidents including coordinating support solutions with vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure communication and timely resolution of incidents.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting SaaS systems and integrations. Proven ability to troubleshoot large complex system issues utilizing Analytical and problem solving skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Salesforce administration experience
- Workday or Servicenow admin experience.
- Learning Management Systems experience (i.e. Desire2Learn)
- Relevant and specific experience to support the above mentioned duties & responsibilities.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.