Italian Language Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College, Department of World Languages and Philosophy, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Italian. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Teach elementary Italian in a technology-rich environment.
• Participate in general education assessment for Italian.
• Masters degree or higher in Italian or a closely related field.
• Experience teaching at the college level.
• Native or near-native fluency.
• Familiarity with world language instructional technology.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
• Familiarity with second language acquisition theory and practice.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
• Experience in dealing with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
• Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
• Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application.
• After you complete your profile, please be sure you have applied to this position.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
• E-sign your application (Step 9)
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.