The Senior Buyer manages the vendor selection and purchasing process, drafts language for all competitive sourcing and contract documents, ensures compliance with public procurement regulations, and resolves vendor disputes, P-Card oversight, Vendor Self Service system oversight. This position reports to the Director II - Financial Services.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or related field preferred.
- Experience: Five or more years of experience in purchasing and contracts administration. Experience working with contracts including request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- Key Competencies:
- Knowledge of public procurement regulations and federal laws.
- Proficient with MS Office products and MS Word redlining features.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong written, oral and group presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the MUNIS Financial System
- Ability to:
- Research and approve purchasing specifications;
- Determine suitability, adaptability, and utility of items;
- Analyze and evaluate the relative merits of competitive commodities and their prices;
- Analyze situations accurately and develop effective courses of action;
- Read comprehensively;
- Speak and write effectively;
- Establish good working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities of subordinates.
- Processes and completes moderately complex purchase orders.
- Determines and validates prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines.
- Maintains approved supplier/vendor database via Vendor Self Service.
- Monitors supplier/vendor performance through the administration of supplier/vendor measurement programs.
- Analyzes bids for specification compliance, prices, delivery commitments and past performance.
- Utilizes online financial systems as a resource for procurement.
- Supports vendors in Vendor Self Service.
- Trains and supports users for P-Card policy and procedures.
- Assists in implementing guidelines or standards from which vendors should be selected.
- Drafts contracts, including approving scopes of work, and detailed contract language.
- Manages contracts, and vendor relationships, including vendor disputes.
- Operates automated, complex purchasing systems and create and maintain status reports to ensure frequent and timely updates to work unit management and customers.
- Coordinates the formal RFP and bid process, including identifying needs, determining specifications, drafting the RFP, reviewing bids, assisting in the determination of which vendor is awarded the contract and assisting in contract negotiation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.