Network Engineer - TS/SCI Req'd
* Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adhe rence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested.