Marketing and Program Coordinator
Washington Revels Marketing & Programs Coordinator
Job Description (2017)
Working with the Marketing & Programs Director, provides creative and administrative support for all Washington Revels marketing, both programmatic and organizational. Provides logistical support for all Washington Revels programs except for The Christmas Revels, May Revels, and Education programs. Researches venues and books performance opportunities for Washington Revels’ 5 year-round performing ensembles. Manages ad sales for inclusion in The Christmas Revels print program. Reports directly to the Marketing & Programs Director, and also functions as part of the regular staff and with the Production Team (Artistic, Stage and Music Directors, and, depending on the size of the the production, with the Production, Company and Volunteer Managers). Occasionally performs other duties as needed and assigned.
•Draft copy for press releases, promotional materials, e-newsletters, and ads;
•Manage select media relations including pitches, reviews and follow-up;
•Manage and create press kits;
•Manage press clippings and monitor media attention;
•Maintain media contact database;
•Attend some performances and meet/interact with media representatives;
•Implement and track social media campaigns;
•Create flyers, ads and other print materials;
•Arrange for photographers at all events and any photo shoots;
•Propose and execute website content, and manage existing content;
•Assist with identifying and managing show- or project-specific targeted marketing;
•Assist in maintaining the PR plan and tracking PR efforts;
•Transmit all events as calendar posts and social media posts;
- Distribute promotional materials through media, listservs, social media, email lists, mailing lists and others as determined;
- Supervise interns and volunteers in elements of the above tasks.
- Attend a sufficient number of performances to gain a solid understanding of the different programs presented by Washington Revels; as necessary, attend some performances as production coordinator if other staff or volunteers are not available to perform that role.
- [Except for The Christmas Revels, May Revels, and Education programs] Coordinate with venue and appropriate Revels personnel to ensure the proper handling of all relevant front-of-house functions, including (if and as needed) ticketing, ushers, compliance with licensing/insurance requirements, house management during performances, merchandise and concessions, video and photo documentation, and any needed ADA accommodations.
- [Except for The Christmas Revels, May Revels, and Education programs] Consult with the relevant Directors about the staffing required for all events, advise the Company and Volunteer Managers of the number of people and skill sets required, and follow-up with those Managers to ensure that the proper staffing is achieved.
- [Except for The Christmas Revels, May Revels, and Education programs] Use standard template to create an event report for each event showing relevant logistical details; circulate the report before the event to the relevant Directors and other key staff to obtain their inputs; recirculate the report after the event to obtain observations and evaluations; and track and file completed reports. Send gig sheets as needed for events.
- Search for and book gigs for Revels’ 5 performing ensembles: investigate appropriate venues, create relationships with venue personnel, promote the ensembles to the venues, book the gigs (consulting the Executive Director as to fees), and draft invoices to track fee payments.
Education and Requirements
College degree and significant marketing experience. Strong abilities to organize, work independently, multi-task, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation critical. Accuracy, attention to detail. Strong computer skills (office is all-Mac). Ideal candidate will have experience in arts administration or in non-profit or small business settings, and be passionate about performing arts. Must own or have ready access to a car and be willing to use it for work-related needs.
How to Apply
Email (preferred) resume and cover e-mail or letter addressing appropriateness for position, and any aspects of qualifications not covered on resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Washington Revels, Inc. 531 Dale Drive Silver Spring, MD 20910.
$30-35,000, depending on experience, with benefits or additional salary in lieu thereof.