The Diesel Mechanic performs maintenance, diagnostics and repairs in a safe, efficient and customer focused manner. The primary focus of the diesel mechanic is preventative and proactive maintenance. Perform diesel equipment operation by completing inspections, correcting vehicle deficiencies and performing diesel vehicle maintenance to the Alexandria Transit Company standards. Examine maintenance and repair on diesel equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to preserve the safety and reliability of all fleet.
Diesel mechanic responsibilities
- Assists the Director of Maintenance with selecting, coordinating, and executing the appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostics tests.
- Responsible for correcting all aspects of vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments, identifying worn and damaged parts; removing, repairing, adjusting, assembling or disassembling all units.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform final operational check on all vehicles to quality check repairs processed.
- Responsible for ensuring work order completion in an accurate and in a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings related to service area planning and improvements.
- Available to report to work for emergency services as necessary.
- Problem-solve and mediate unexpected and unusual diagnostic problems and request lead mechanic direction when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of experience with the repair and maintenance of diesel-fueled equipment including mechanical and electrical systems, transit bus experience preferred.
- Must have current and valid commercial driver’s license.
- Must be able to work hours and shifts assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits program
- Company subsidized employee health coverage
- Best 401(k) Retirement Plan in our industry
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Performance and attendance incentives
- A fun place to work in a progressive and growing organization
To apply for this position, visit www.dashbus.com - John Lanocha (703) 746-5622