Senior Business Development Account Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
- Degree in a business or marketing/communications related field through an accredited university or college
- Minimum of ten years of experience in construction procurement with last two to three years developing new business with Public and Private owners; or ten years of industry business development in the professional services sector with increasing roles of management and sales responsibility
- A track record of creating and implementing successful market development strategies which directly result in increased profitable sales and earned revenue
- Strong written and verbal communications, presentation skills, along with management of market development and sales activities to achieve established targets in the annual marketing plan
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes while achieving targets and objectives
- Ability to quickly learn Job Order Contracting (JOC) construction methods and Centennial operations
- Demonstrates approachability at all levels internally and externally with Centennial and customer’s organizations with a robust zeal for providing outstanding corporate and customer support
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills
- Construction work experience and knowledge a plus
- Extensive travel regionally
Scope of Responsibility:
- Provide assistance to the Director of Business Development by managing the BDAM personnel in the company’s industry association leadership and conference representation, reporting process, presentation strategies, and to ensure consistency in brand execution.
- Under the direction of the Director of Business Development, lead any national BD efforts such as purchasing cooperatives or national private customers.
- Develop a comprehensive regional marketing plan aligned with our strategic plan and update as needed.
- Execute the marketing plan. More specifically:
- Identify, develop and position Centennial for national and regional select Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Job Order Contracts (JOC) in our traditional markets.
- Identify, develop and position Centennial for national and regional select Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Job Order Contracts (JOC) for our four targeted markets.
- Establish and maintain customer relations to realize sales on IDIQ contracts in assigned regions.
- Reporting: Provide comprehensive narrative updates of all pursuits, opportunities, marketing plan and schedules.
- Be an independent feedback loop on performance with customers to Operations.
- Activities in support of operations and corporate goals
Primary responsibility is growing our targeted growth markets of Healthcare, Higher Education and select Private opportunities through direct sales efforts. In addition, promote, nurture and protect our brand. Foster teamwork between corporate and field operations while providing outstanding corporate support.
- Responsible for review and development of all BD presentation strategies for consistency
- Ensure the consistent use of Centennial’s brand in all BD material
- Under the direction of the Director of Business Development, lead all national BD efforts such as purchasing cooperatives or national private customers
- Develop and execute a one-year market development plan with specific goals and strategies to accomplish those goals. Plan will identify target accounts/markets with specific actions and due dates to pursue and capture those accounts. The plan will be updated monthly
- Collaborate with the operations staff on target clients and timing of opportunities
- Maintain a database of target customers’ personnel and keep current as they move or retire
- Provide strategic input to the Director of Business Development for future market opportunities.
- Provide ongoing competitor intelligence and perform market analysis
- Stay current on procurement trends and regulations
- Educate clients or organizations on Centennial and our capabilities as required
- Maintain client contact after initiation of operations for customer satisfaction evaluation
- Assist the Director of Business Development in forecasting of pursuit opportunities on a per customer basis
- Join professional affiliations, associations and organizations for networking opportunities and play an active role in committees
- Select one or two associations and attain a leadership role
- Provide support to the Proposal Development management team for specific customer hot buttons and capture strategy
- Provide current owner and solicitation specific project information to the Proposal Development capture team. Support regional subcontracting development efforts
- Position reports to the Director of Business Development to ensure continuity with strategic plan, branding and marketing message and style. Coordination with the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) to ensure proper operational planning and ability to execute new work is required.